Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Dad


It's a double-post Thursday!



In all seriousness though, a tribute to my dad, who has been there all the way and whom I respect more than any other man out there today.





Things I've learned from dad:

1. It all centers on God

2: There are always more questions than answers

3. Not every question has an answer

4. It's important to share all the answers you can with your kids

5. It's not about climbing the corporate ladder, it's about climbing the family ladder

6. If you call your kids "little twerps!" while they're teens in a fit of anger, they'll probably laugh at you

7. A day's hard work on the farm is worth 10 days at the office

8. Respect your momma

9. Respect your wife

10. Respect your kids

11. Respect yourself

12. If you start saying "crap!" so will your kids, followed by everyone else in the family

13. Dad really did know best most of the time

14. That at some point after my teens I knew nothing and dad knew everything

15. That no matter what, come hell or high water, length or depth or anything else, that dad is there for me.

Thanks dad, and I look forward to learning a lot more from you than I already know.


No comments: