Monday, December 8, 2008

Baby's doin' WHA???

It's finally happened.

Baby is on his way!

There's a ton to tell but right now I'm kind of too hopped up on the "it wasn't due for another 10 days" thing to go into all of it at the moment. In any case, suffice to say that the Little Monster decided to be born on December 8, 2008, which means that he won't suffer quite as badly from Christmas-Birthday syndrome.

The wifey got her epidural at about 4:00 this morning, and everything has been mostly happy bunnies and rainbows since then. We've gotten a little rest, I ate some breakfast, and it looks like we're going to get our doctor that we've been seeing this whole time to deliver for us.

So I thought that I had another week to get prepared and take care of chores and all that good stuff, but I guess there were other plans in store for us. I'm crazy excited, but also a little scared, which is normal, I suppose. We've called and sent text messages to a bunch of people, and naturally I won't be going into work today, and probably not tomorrow either, but we'll see. We're going to stick to my original vacation plan so that I can be home for those 2 1/2 weeks, which will rock. Anyways, craziness ensues!

I'll post more (complete with pictures!) after the Little Monster has arrived and we've gotten more rest.

EGAD BABY'S ALMOST HERE!!!

3 comments:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Welcome to one of the first rules of parenthood - Children and Schedules do not belong in the same sentence. :) Jen was 2 weeks early - after they told us in class that 1st babies were usually a week or two late. And she weighed over 8lbs so no scrawny newbies for us!

I got an email from your mom about 6ish and they were throwing things in a bag to come - reminds me of the 2-1/2 hour trip from Bedford to Austin (which SHOULD take 3-1/2 hours) that Mike drove when we found out Megan was in labor with Kennedy. It's a mercy we didn't get a speeding ticket!

We're praying for all good outcomes!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted! We love you guys!!

Megan said...

I am thrilled thrilled thrilled for you guys! I can't wait to hear more about the delivery, and to meet your little guy!

We will be calling later this afternoon to see if you wouldn't mind some visitors at some point. We can't wait to meet him!

--Nicki said...

I am so happy for you! My most cherished moments are being with Eric delivering our babies. What a miracle is life!