Sunday, November 30, 2008

Project: Baby



The baby's room has been put together at last. Actually, this was done some weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to writing about it. What you see to the left is the dresser that The Grand Donna got us. Pretty sweet, yeah?


The baby itself has "18 days" left as of right now, but I'm not sure that's going to be accurate. The Little Kitty's body has been going through constant restructuring so the kid can come out, and I really don't think it's going to take another 3 weeks for it all to happen. I'm placing the over/under at 2 weeks.


The Little Monster has really been movin' around and I can't wait to meet him. It's actually a little freaky thinking that I'm going to be a real live dad in such a short amount of time. No longer is it some nebulous future date that I don't have to worry about. It's becoming very real very quickly. This isn't a bad thing by any means, it's just a very different feeling that the "oh yeah, i'll be father 10 months from now" thing.


Out little apartment is (mostly) ready and set up. The port-a-crib has been built, and the car seat installation should be complete this week (thanks Megan!).
Good gravy, I just realized that I put the over/under for the birth date at 2 weeks. In any case, things seem to be moving very, very quickly for me (not so much for the Little Kitty, she has to deal with all the craziness her body is putting her though), and before the end of December there should be a new child in this world that I hope to teach all the things he needs to know in order to be a Real Man. Not the namby-pamby wishy-washy run-of-the-mill "man". But a tough, hard working, fight-for-what's-right gentleman who is willing to go the distance for the true goodness in the world.
Time to get this show on the road!

2 comments:

Barking Donkey said...

You two are going to be GREAT parents! We are very proud of you both... can't wait to get "the call"... we'll be on our way in a jiffy.

Dad

Megan said...

You must be relieved to have the nursery all together. It looks great and I your little boys presence will make it all the more perfect. Sappy huh? but it's true!!!

We can't wait to meet him.