Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tremors!


It would appear that the Little Monster growing the the Kitty's belly has already decided to start using some of the traits it's gotten from me. He won't stay still when you want him to.

Now, those who know me know that this is one of my issues. I don't sit still. At the very least I'm constantly shaking a foot, and often and entire leg. Has something to do with my ADHD I think, but either way, that's the case.

At a doctor appointment a couple weeks ago, the Little Monster was so active that they couldn't get a good ultrasound reading for a while. Yesterday, he decided it would be fun to constantly kick while they tried out listening to his heartbeat again.

This isn't to say that it's a bad thing. I think it's hilarious that he's already got a problem sitting still when you want him to. It's the little things like that which makes him a little more human and a little less monster I guess.

On another note, we got our baby furniture (thanks Bran and James!). We now have a crib and a changing table and a little armoir, all of which has barely been used at all. Turns out the baby now has nicer stuff than most of what we do. I hear that this will become the norm, but that's fine. I like our comfortable furniture myself. :-)

Well, that's about it for this morning's post. I'm still on my sleep schedule, and it's going well. I moved up my core sleep from 3 hours to 4.5 hours, and now take 2 naps during the day instead of 3. It has been working much better and I haven't accidentally fallen asleep a single time since, woo!

2 comments:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Okay, I'm sure you mother just loves the picture of the monster with teeth in a blog about her grandson. I'm just saying. :)

I know what you mean about the furniture - our kids had Ethan Allen before WE did! And they still have it - the set in Kennedy's room? That was Jen's growing up - having no girls herself, it is now in the domain of Princess Kennedy. Chris has the bunk/trundle beds he and Tim grew up with and will probably split it up again when Lleyton needs his "big boy bed". And Mirai will probably sleep in his set as well. So, buy quality and keep it going through the family!

Glad things are progressing normally. We sure do miss your folks in Katy. I hope to see your mom up in Keller when I go this week.

Be sure and let me know when the Brentwood baby shower is!!

Saw Jayce the other day at Target with her Mom - that is one beautiful little girl!

--Nicki said...

Hey Jared! It's good to see that your sleep experiment is going well. I don't think I could ever do that.

How exciting that your little guy is active! Is he kicking mommy's ribs a lot?

Just wanted to say hi! Oh, and I have started a blog too! http://familygreats.blogspot.com/

The family all says hi and sends their love! Allie misses you :), and the boys still talk about your visit.