Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Becoming a Boy


The Little Monster has been very busy as of late...

Busy being AWESOME

So yeah, he crawls, he laughs, he's getting a personality...

He's becoming a boy! Oh noes!

Its really weird seeing this happen. Just the other day we had brought him home, and he was so tiny I was half scared that I would break him in half when I changed his clothes. He seemed so frail, so absolutely in need of us that we would never be able to look away for more than a second*.

Now I toss him in the air like a rag doll, splash water in his face in the bath, and throw stuffed animals at his head. I do this all, of course, to see him smile and hear his laugh, and I'm realizing what people that had kids before me meant when they said that there isn't a better sound than your child's laughter.

The Little Monster is, of course, also in to everything. I'm about to be convinced that the fireplace and objects with sharp corners have a gravitational pull for babies. I remember anxiously waiting the day when the Monster would be able to play and crawl and all that good stuff, and now that it's here I almost don't know what to do with him sometimes. So I let him crawl on me, chew on me, and bury him in his box of toys or trap him under the hamper. It's fun times, indeed.

The Little Monster is transitioning, ever slowly yet at Warp 9, from a tiny, helpless baby into a functioning little boy.

I'm so excited and ready to see what he'll become, but you know, I'll take him just like he is for the little while longer that I can.

Let the good times roll.


*Of course, at this time, he was also kind of boring, being as he did nothing but eat, sleep, and poo (which gets old faster than you think, believe it or not, lol).

No comments: