Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Skeletor! (It's a ____!!)



So yes, I am going to make you read (or at least skim) this post before saying what the baby is! Not that many out there don't already know, we did send over 40 text messages today, call a bunch of people, and announce it at work. Anyways, on with today's story.


So today is the day we found out the sex! I still had to go to work in the morning though, as I had to get a bunch of videos shipped out and had a class going on that I was in the middle of attending. Well anyway, at 9:15 I popped out of my seat and left the course and, with the wellwishes of my fellow classmates, walked quickly out of the building and drove home to pick up the Little Kitty for the Big Appointment.


So we drive up to the hospital, hit the wrong floor on the elevator (but realize it in time), and go on up the the 4th floor where all the baby stuff is. Sign in, wait, and in a few minutes time get lead to the sonogram room (yey!!). This is where we saw what you see above, which we lovingly referred to at the same time as Skeletor. If you don't know who Skeletor is (He-Man's arch nemeis), here you go:






But enough about childhood heroes and villians, you're here to read about the baby. The nice sonogram lady took lots and lots of measurements and summarily informed us that everything looked perfect. This naturally made us both very happy. The rest of the sonogram went as follows:








So in case you missed it in the photo just above this paragraph, we're having a son!! Right where the little mouse arrow is is where his manhood sits, in case there are any doubts. The Little Kitty was very excited that she has known since April what it was going to be. I can attest to this fact myself, and congratulate her on her intuition (let it also be known that Granny was right as well, and may keep her perfect guess rating, lol).

The rest of the visit went very well. We saw Dr. Solomon, who assured the Little Kitty that everything was going well. He suggested Melatonin and Camomile Tea to help her sleep (she's had a pretty bad bout of insomnia lately), and antacids for her stomach (she's been having some nauseousness which the doc thought had more to do with her stomach changing positions and the subsequent acid fluxes than her being preggo sick).

So we thanked the good doctor, came home, and I went back to work. Tonight we celebrated at Chili's and went to Target, and bought our first outfit for the baby! It had dinosaurs on it. For those wondering, our theme is dinosaurs.

So that's all for this post (not that it's long enough). We also got a DVD of the sonogram, which I plan on ripping the video from tomorrow at work and posting shortly. I'll also take a picture of the clothes and post those too, just because it's fun.

Wow, a son. Guess it's time to get ready to raise a boy to grow up and be a man. Scary prospect, that. But one that'll be totally worth it.

Oh, and dinosaurs are wicked awesome.

6 comments:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I'm SO EXCITED for you both!! Jennifer and I were talking just this morning about whether or not you'd found out the gender or not. I knew it had to be soon - little did I know it'd be today!

I'll bet your mom is pumped - a boy AND a girl (with L and K) this year. Just like our 2004 - first Ben and then Kennedy. We're gonna have to do some serious shopping, your mom and I. I have "mad skilz" when it comes to the great places to get bambino stuff.

Okay, dinosaurs. Any particular base colors? (blue and green?) Do tell!!

Cherrys said...

Boys are so fun! We are excited for you!

Barking Donkey said...

K-Pa's Li'l Buddy! I can't wait.

Congratulations!

2008 - a year to remember!

Anonymous said...

I seriously think ultrasounds are the coolest thing in the world. When we had our 7-ish week one I thought "Eh, that's a baby?" And then at 20 weeks I thought it was AWESOME to see our little girl moving and opening her mouth and stuff. (Part of this could come because the ultrasound machine out here stinks, and we went to Memorial City for the second one, which was waaaay better.) And then we had the "last" one at 37 weeks and oh my goodness... that was the best. We could see her tongue! And she had a hand a foot both directly in front of her face. They're flexible, aren't they? And then they made it 3D so we've seen our daughter's face! You need to come home soon... everybody else has already seen those pics. Maybe y'all will get to do the same thing. The 3D was the coolest.

(Incidentally I had one more ultrasound because my belly didn't measure right and the doctor was afraid she wasn't growing last week, but they did the ultrasound and she's even bigger than she's supposed to be. Yay for growing, but BIGGER than she's supposed to be is not what the mama wanted to hear....)

Anonymous said...

congratulations! boys are fun (I know this to be a fact!)

and I totally knew that Ben was a boy from the get-go, so I get the intuition thing too.
(although I totally knew Luke was a girl, so it only goes so far!)

Have fun with everything!! First babies are oh so special :-)

Emily said...

Yay for boys! You will LOVE having a boy! I do! How fun for you guys. And how fun for the cousins to be so close in age.